If you failed to enter your correct pattern lock password several times, your Android smartphone OR tablet will show you an error message: “Too Many Pattern Attempts! To unlock, sign in with your Google Account“.
There have been several solutions available online, choose any of the following options:
1. SIGN-IN. Simply, sign-in to your registered Google Account for the said device. You can try first if you have provided the correct credentials by logging into another device using the Google Account. Please take note that this will need internet connection on the device for it to work. Otherwise, follow the other solutions.
2. CALL. Make a call to the phone then answer the call. Press the home button then menu button and go to settings then disable the pattern lock feature. This has to be done as quick as possible.
If you have subscribed to a data/internet plan for your Android device, you can try the steps below. Otherwise, skip to STEP 4.
3. DOWNLOAD SCREEN LOCK BYPASS APP. If you have internet connection on your Android device, just go to a computer and sign-in at play.google.com then search for the app and install the said application
If you are a techie person, you can use the Android Debug Bridge (ADB):
4. ADB. This will need a USB cable, computer and professional assistance. Perform these steps with care. The Android Debug Bridge (adb) is a versatile command line tool that lets you communicate with an emulator instance or connected Android-powered device.
THIS IS YOUR LAST RESORT…
5. FACTORY RESET. Reset the phone/tablet to factory default settings will erase all data and apps saved on your Android device.
NOTE: These solutions are not 100% effective. If you know other solutions, just comment below or send us a feedback via this contact us link.
You may also watch the video below by ultratechydotcom on Youtube:
To prevent this from happening in the future, make sure you save a copy of your passwords to a safe place like a secret notebook or a password manager application such as the Trend Micro Password Manager.