Awesomehp is a browser hijacker, adware and potentially unwanted program that changes the browser’s homepage to awesomehp.com then redirects user’s search results, track user activity and display annoying ads and sponsored links on the computer. It affects all popular browsers such as the Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
The other payload of this malicious software include: changes on DNS Settings, registry entries, installed add-ons, and modify default search engine. This is installed along with free software that you can download from the internet.
This threat can also affect the speed and performance of your computer and its internet connection. You may refer to the screenshot below of the awesomehp.com homepage that you will see on infected computer systems:
To remove this malware from your computer, follow the instruction provided below:
AUTOMATED TROUBLESHOOTING TOOLS
- Scan the computer using any of the following tools: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Trend Micro Internet Security 2015
MANUAL THREAT REMOVAL
- Uninstall any suspicious programs and recently installed software through the Control Panel such Awesomehp, Webcake, Search Protect by Conduit, Browser Protect, Browser Defender, Delta Search, Babylon, LessTabs, and LyricsContainer.
- Disable or remove unwanted add-ons, extensions and toolbars from your browser.
- Manually change default homepage to your preferred website.
- Manually change default search provider to your preferred search engine.
- Disable startup items in system configuration (msconfig).
- Right-click on the browser’s shortcut then choose properties and review the entry on the target section. If the website awesomehp.com is appended on the entry, remove the entry and keep the folder location of the browser’s executable files.
- Delete awesomehp folders that you can find in these locations:
- Open the Registry Editor using the command: regedit then press the shortcut keys ‘Ctrl’ + ‘F’ and search for ‘awesomehp’ then delete any entry that you encounter. Please take note and make sure that you backup your registry before modifying anything.
- Restart the computer for all the changes to take effect. If issue persists, you can try resetting the browser to its default settings.
If issue still appear on your system, you can send us an email for further help.
You may watch this short video clip below about removing awesomehp from your computer: