How to remove Awesomehp from the browser
Awesomehp is a browser hijacker, adware and potentially unwanted program that redirects users search results to awesomehp.com and display annoying ads and sponsored links on the computer.
It affects browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
This malicious software also blocks many computer tasks such as modifying settings on yor browser, DNS Settings, Registry Files, Firewall settings, add-ons, browser homepage and default search engine/provider. It will also affect the performance and speed of your internet connection.
Here is a screenshot of the awesomehp.com homepage that you might be seeing on your computer:
To remove this adware from your computer, follow the instructions below:
- Disable add-ons, extensions and toolbars on your browser.
- Change default homepage to your preferred website.
- Change default search provider to your preferred search engine.
- Disable startup items in system configuration (msconfig).
- Perform a full scan on your computer using the Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Delete this file on your computer when present: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\WPM\wprotectmanager.exe
- Uninstall any suspicious programs through the Control Panel such as Webcake, Search Protect by Conduit, Browser Protect, Browser Defender, Delta Search, Babylon, LessTabs, and LyricsContainer.
- Check properties of your browser’s shortcut and remove malicious entries in the target box.
- Search awesomehp in the Registry Editor then delete the entries you finds. NOTE: Make sure you backup your registry before doing anything.
- If issue still persists, reset your browser to default settings.
- If you are a technician, download Trend Micro HiJackThis on your computer and fix entries with awesomehelp.com in it.
You may watch this short video clip below about removing awesomehp from your computer:
Should you need further assistance, send us an email by clicking on the link below: